silver aro and giant gourami

smartlove_518

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
United Arab Emirates
i have seen them together in a few tanks. i have my 2 silvers with 2 GG but they are all small so i cant comment on that. but i have seen a few people keep fully grown GG with aros

peewee

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
thanks sir....cause im gonna buy a giant gourami tommorow. i have they'll get along together.

henward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
i tried this combo but with a jardinii which is supposed to be an agro fish

and the giant gourami was fighting the jar, giant gouramis are aggressive fish, i dont suggest it.
i have seen a guy on here, he put a gg in with a silver, and next day or something the gg ate both the eyes of the silver.
posted a photo too! no eyes
died few days later.

ggs are actually really nasty fish. unless your tank is large enough witih some hiding spots
i find that fish go by line of sight, out of sight out of mind

cr8on

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
I wouldn't risk it personally, the gourami is a much deeper-bodied fish with greater mass, and as such could probably inflict some pretty nasty injuries on the aro. If you want to try it, make sure the aro is considerably larger than the gourami, but be prepared to separate if anything goes wrong. Good luck.

Aesop

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2007
Garden Grove
I've seen a lot of tanks with both in them. However, they GG will be more aggressive usually. If it was me, I would get a GG that was barely large enough to NOT be eaten by the arowana. The bigger the arowana is compare to the GG, the less likely he'll try to dominate it.

Just keep in mind that just like any other living creature, each GG and arowana will be unique. Just because it worked for some people doesn't mean it'll work for you.

Have fun!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store