adding garlic to food?

jcm412

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2008
PA
How do you guys add garlic to food? What kind of garlic do you use? Is it fresh garlic or what?

hillbilly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Western North Carolina
Some people use commerically made products like Garlic Guard by Seachem, and Garlic Xtream by Kent. Others add fresh garlic to homemade food mixes. I've never saw a need to use garlic at all. But then, I'm "old school". :D

Westie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
Bay Area CA USA
I used garlic for a while per Wattley's instructions. I took fresh chopped garlic and mixed it with beefheart pretty much by smashing the two together. The whole purpose of this was to decrease parasites and cure black discus disease. The jury is still out on whether or not it works.

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
I have never used garlic or saw the need. Is it really necessary without observing any ailments among the fish?

jcm412

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2008
PA
the garlic extreme doesnt smell the water up. But the garlic extreme it self reaks.

jcm412

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2008
PA
Kolossus;3637849; said:
I have never used garlic or saw the need. Is it really necessary without observing any ailments among the fish?
You can use it as a preventative. Also can be used if your fish are picky eaters.

apisto

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Cork, Ireland
garlic stimulates their appetite and is great to prevent any stomach issues. I've been using garlic for years and wouldn't do without. Use fresh garlic only though. I tried the dried stuff and the fish don't really go for it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store