Best Background For FlowerHorn??

LOCO_LOCO

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2008
SAN DIEGO
black is no good, u have to have some kind a colors for flowerhorn tank, i have plants with blue looking background for my fh,

Chicklette

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
I agree, black fades them out, i have a blue background.

cjbarth

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2009
WI
Black works for adult faders, but Blue or red is best for other FH types. With Blue Background your FH red will pop out more!

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
I have to disagree with black backgrounds being bad for FH. I have seen tons of fish that comes out real great with black backgrounds. Some is better with blue backgrounds, it all falls into certain fish coloration and how they like their surrounding to be. And yet as I have said again, I find information about FH on the stickies for this site very inaccurate.

scriving

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
the cuts
BIG_ONE;4462217; said:
I have to disagree with black backgrounds being bad for FH. I have seen tons of fish that comes out real great with black backgrounds. Some is better with blue backgrounds, it all falls into certain fish coloration and how they like their surrounding to be. And yet as I have said again, I find information about FH on the stickies for this site very inaccurate.
:werd: as long as you have overhead lighting your fish should be fine it really comes down to genetics.

Musha

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 30, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Generally I believe balck is bad for normal flowerhorn. There may be a few that blosson but most dont. Only luck I have had was with Faders, Golden Based FH, Red Texas

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada

ditto

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store