Fenestratus & Convict, Like oil and water.

FishingOut

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
PA
These guys absolutely despise eachother. The convict just grew all his fins back from the fenestratus ripping them to shreds. Now that Ive set the tanks up like this they spend most of their time eating and fighting through the glass. They are funny. Much safer this way. The fene is just relentless.

Anybody know any an tell-tale signs of sexing a blackbelt? Im having a hard time with this one, but it is still young. Good shots at 1:10 in the video. Its vent looks like an upside U, which confuses me.
Im power-feeding the Blackbelt to get it to a size to defend itself against the fene. If im lucky the BB will be female, then I can create some Pink Belts :D
Enjoy.
[YT]t5_POXF0V9o[/YT]

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
Funny vid! That's a brave Convict. My Fenes are pretty laid back. My largest one can be hard on the smaller one sometimes but they are both usually very placid. My Syn runs the tank.

FishingOut

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
PA
Gruff Master;4496514; said:
Funny vid! That's a brave Convict. My Fenes are pretty laid back. My largest one can be hard on the smaller one sometimes but they are both usually very placid. My Syn runs the tank.
Haha just wait. My Fene use to be a great community fish, until he learned what aggression was. Any fish that isnt bigger than he is he will stalk, attack, and eliminate. Relentlessly. He has an absolutely amazing personality so I could never get rid of him.
How are your little Fenes coming along Gruff? They turn pink yet or are they the normal variant?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Nice vid all your fish are very good looking. Love a fish with spunk.

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
FishingOut;4499365;4499365 said:
Haha just wait. My Fene use to be a great community fish, until he learned what aggression was. Any fish that isnt bigger than he is he will stalk, attack, and eliminate. Relentlessly. He has an absolutely amazing personality so I could never get rid of him.
How are your little Fenes coming along Gruff? They turn pink yet or are they the normal variant?
Thanks for the heads up on the Fenes aggression. I will keep an eye on that. I already planned on getting rid of the small one if things got rough. The larger one is getting a lot more pink on its head and fins and has been having a lot of growth in the last two months. The small one has only a small amount of pink.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store