ATF Article

beelzs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2013
South Africa
Found this article in a local fishing mag I had lying around for years...

Dunno if all the info is already known, or if its been posted before or perhaps is now outdated...but interesting reading none the less... Sorry about bad quality as had to scan it and only had access to a b/w scanner at work and also mag is quite old...

.page37.jpgpage38.jpgpage39.jpgpage40.jpgpage41.jpg

page41.jpg

page40.jpg

page39.jpg

page38.jpg

page37.jpg

Reactions: Pawajari

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
OUT ****ING STANDING!!!

Now I have to re-write the ID guide. GREAT info! :thumbsup:

What journal is that from? I'm familiar with Sarah Goodier's work, but I've not seen that info before. I'm guessing its published late 2011-2013? I need this information so I can cite it correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Can anyone make it readable?

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
If you open the images in a new page they're quite readable. Be aware however, the scans are huge.

Edit- I had to open the images in Firefox on my phone to see them. They're so big they make the app have an aneurism.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

beelzs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2013
South Africa
It's actually from a fishing magazine called African Fisherman...Well the article that I scanned is... which is published to South Africa,Zimbabwe,etc

This volume of the mag looks to be from 2009 due to events and forthcoming attractions...

I can possibly see if I can get in contact with Sarah? I know quite a few people that go to UCT...obviously do not want to invade her privacy...

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
beelzs,

Thanks for the info. That gives me what I need to be able to look this up and cite it for the guide.

I don't think I'll need you to contact Sarah for me. I have her contact info as well, I was just waiting until the very last resort to contact her. The info provided in this article should really help to clarify the classification of certain ATF without needing genetic surveys done on our pets. I constructed a hodgepodge key for the sticky post by referencing scholarly journals in my school's library, but even so there were quite a few papers that I didn't have full access too. This paper clarifies a few issues that I was having in fantastic form.

In actually reading the pages on my computer, I can see that the article was clearly published before the 2011 genetic survey; the survey was referenced in the future tense in this article.

Thanks a million! :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store