Are my Fish a Couple ? *Texas Cichlid* *RedTerror*

sebasmondoux

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2011
Canada - Quebec
I just bought 3 texas cichlid from someone,
he told me it was a couple of blue texas cichlid and a male texas cichlid.
Can someone confirm ?

DSC_0969.JPG2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

He also sold me a "fastae" redterror, but I think its more like a Mayan. What do you think ?

5.jpgDSC_0943.JPG

DSC_0969.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

DSC_0943.JPG

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I think top two are female and last is male. You can tell by a black blotch on the dorsal fin, black spot means female. The mayan/festea is hard to say. Looks like the y in the front strips is there for a festea but hard to tell. Festa have has an eye spot towards the top and mayans is centered yours looks just off center toward the top so kind of hard to tell but I would lean toward festea "true red terror" looks nice either way I love the tail on it.

sebasmondoux

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2011
Canada - Quebec
I think top two are female and last is male. You can tell by a black blotch on the dorsal fin, black spot means female. The mayan/festea is hard to say. Looks like the y in the front strips is there for a festea but hard to tell. Festa have has an eye spot towards the top and mayans is centered yours looks just off center toward the top so kind of hard to tell but I would lean toward festea "true red terror" looks nice either way I love the tail on it.
sexx.jpg

sexx.jpg

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
When I was numbering the fish I was doing it in order of your pics. The ones you have circles 1. F, 2. M, 3. F

sebasmondoux

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2011
Canada - Quebec
That is 110 percent a Mayan....not a Festae.
As for the Y spot, we can't clearly see it on mine, I 100% agree with you for the eye near the tail.
But if we look at the fins, the tail and anal fin, they its looks more like a fastae than a mayan.
And no yellow eye like a mayan.
Almost looks like a blend of both lol !

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
That is 110 percent a Mayan....not a Festae.
His is hard to tell. The eye spot looks mayan but doesn't the bars form a y just above the pectoral fins? Actually all the stripes are funky. Hybrid?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store