knife guys<----

xmixmasterx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
VA
I have an african brown knife. it's a bit smaller than most other knife species but i do know a bit about them. Most knives are very shy, and don't like being around their own type. As a gereral rule of thumb they can eat anything that fits into their mouth (just like most fish). My African brown knife ate all my Neon tetras and its maximum size is only 8". Most knives do get large and prefer live foods, but will acclimate to most other foods including flakes. Mine has been on a flake diet for almost a year. It is also supplemented with live shrimp or frozen blood worms from time to time. The mouths on knives are surprisingly large. My girlfriend's knives grew to be over a foot and a half.

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
i also own a african brown knife but i also had a brown gost knife till my eel ate it :swear: but when i had him together with my afican knife they where pals so its not always true that other knives dont like each other but most are shy and only come out for food. but other than that there easy to keep if u have room for the larger varitys. pics would be asome if u could post some i havent seen a tiger knife yet.

JESS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
SPOKANE WA
I HAVE A AFRICAN BROWN KNIFE AND WOULD LIKE MORE INFO ON THEM I'VE HAD FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS HE IS IN WITH A DOJO LOACH, FIRE EEL SOME NEONS BLOOD PARROT .

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
JESS said:
I HAVE A AFRICAN BROWN KNIFE AND WOULD LIKE MORE INFO ON THEM I'VE HAD FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS HE IS IN WITH A DOJO LOACH, FIRE EEL SOME NEONS BLOOD PARROT .
african brown knifefish are relitvely dolcile as long as the fish in the aquarium are bigger then its mouth. they like live foods and perfer them. they get like 8 inches long i could be wrong sorry. they are terratorial (what ever the spelling is sorry) to there own speices but in all they can be keep comunal as long as there are no small fish with them. hope this helps i dont know much if i find more info i'll post it oh ya the fish u keep with it know should do fine becaus some of the fish u mentiond i have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store