Albino Tiger Oscar and Lemon Oscar mix?

Tigerbarbsandcichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2023
I was wanting to get two oscars for my future 75 gallon tank and I couldn’t decide what I wanted so my little brain got an idea and thought if a albino Tiger Oscar and Lemon Oscar breaded maybe I would get a white Oscar with yellow stripes like a albino oscars red stripes, do you think it’s a good idea and I’ll get good results that I’m looking for? Also I was thinking I’ll have this tank in a little over a year.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
It sounds like an exciting prospect! I mean, it could work. It may take a few generations to find what you are looking for, or it may work the first time. Good luck!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I can’t say for sure you’ll get exactly what you want out of breeding. Besides being difficult to breed (for a cichlid), as mentioned it can take a few generations of line breeding on your own to accomplish the color. It would be simpler to just get the morph you want if that’s the end goal.

That said, your tank won’t be sufficient for a single Oscar, let alone 3, unless this is a 250+ gallon aquarium. A 75 doesn’t offer much room for a 15+ inch beast to swim around in.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store