Alligator Gar Bite

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
My Honduran red points bite me when I scrape the algae off their tank because they're always guarding fry. Not too bad cuz they're only like 3" and not made to inflict pain on things, but I'm thankful my freddie and 5.5" male septemfasciata are more afraid of me than I am of them, as I fear what they could do if they did decide to bite me. Obviously not as bad as a gator gar, but would still probably draw blood, and not be fun.

Reactions: FrancisFloe

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
My Honduran red points bite me when I scrape the algae off their tank because they're always guarding fry. Not too bad cuz they're only like 3" and not made to inflict pain on things, but I'm thankful my freddie and 5.5" male septemfasciata are more afraid of me than I am of them, as I fear what they could do if they did decide to bite me. Obviously not as bad as a gator gar, but would still probably draw blood, and not be fun.
I’ve been bit by my 6” red empress and that hurt more than I would’ve thought, left a mark too

FrancisFloe

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2023
Philippines
Yesterday, I tried hand feeding my rtc again and got bit, this time by my pacu. Luckily its the smaller one that bit me around 10 inches, I can't imagine if its the 2 feet pacu that did.

IMG_20230825_151436.jpg

IMG_20230825_151415.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store