amphilophus rhytisma

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
anybody know about them are the aggressive like red devil or peaceful like robertsoni i may be able to get one but not for long

ANYBODY know about this cichlid

Nate_N_Nicole

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Flat Rock, Mi
never heard of it unfortunatly, got a pic??? or another name???

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Fairly peaceful fish. I think they are somewhat mellower than my Robertsoni. Keep to themselves in my tank and make great tankmates in a peaceful community set up. They are nothing like a Red Devil. I have mine with my Pearsi, Regani and a few other mellow Centrals.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
cool i think i'm going to try and get one they don't seem to have a ton of color but some

heres a pic from mikeskillerfish.com

NOT MY PIC
this one looks different then other pics i've seen hmmm

COLORADO PEOPLE he only has two so if you beat me there please save me one lol

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
did you pick one up? i guess not seeing that the stocklist still says they have 2.

croc 2-3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
PA
tiny28;1392343; said:
IME.....robertsoni males are pretty aggressive thou.....ive never kept rhytisma
Roberstoni are not really aggressive neither are rhytismas. They can hold their own though. I've kept Rhytismas & Robertsoni some years ago. My rhytismas were not (capable killers) like red devil or Argentea . Both Robertsoni & Rhytismas males are capable of being a bully in a passive tank. I had some with grammodes, argentea & the like & they held quite nicely. I had 1 male Rhytisma bully a few panamensis but they eventually fought back & all was well no deaths just a lot of bluff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store