Anyone have a boswell 900g

Newandoverthetop

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hoping I can find someone who's got one of the boswell clear front 900 gallon indoor ponds from amazon. Mine has been awesome for about 2yrs. but within the last two weeks it has developed stress/stretch marks!! wondering if anyone knows how much should I be panicking? should I start rehoming now? So far I've dropped the water level some. pics I'm gonna include now aren't great I'll take new ones tomorrow when lights are back on. The white streak is not a glare the plastic has gone ghost white in the affected areas which seem to be just where the material rest up against the legs7223151a-2777-4898-8f04-b9d0e56e5c9dphoto.jpeg020bbd4b-c84e-4aeb-9f69-8a82ec3a9471photo.jpeg

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Idk but I would be nervous too.

Been curious about the "shelf life" on these since I first saw them recommended to me awhile back. I think the only way to know anything is to start making periodic measurements of the deflection (bulge or bow) on those panels and the frame so you know how much it has warped from its original measurements. When it gets to a point that you're really nervous I would simply lower the water level some to alleviate pressure on the tank, and eventually when it's bad enough a replacement will be needed.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Worst case scenario… drop in a 45mil epdm liner and its like new again. Lose the window but not your fish. I did this with a regular intex pool. I used an additional inflatable pool for $30 to put the fish/water in, installed the new liner in the leaking pool than transferred everyone back over. Good thing is most inflatable pools are on sale this time of year lol 💀🤙… not a bad idea to keep one on hand anyway for emergencies.

Newandoverthetop

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2021
Idk but I would be nervous too.

Been curious about the "shelf life" on these since I first saw them recommended to me awhile back. I think the only way to know anything is to start making periodic measurements of the deflection (bulge or bow) on those panels and the frame so you know how much it has warped from its original measurements. When it gets to a point that you're really nervous I would simply lower the water level some to alleviate pressure
Did you try to contact Boswell?
Yeah there's no customer service it's a China company probably selling someone else product

Newandoverthetop

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2021
Worst case scenario… drop in a 45mil epdm liner and its like new again. Lose the window but not your fish. I did this with a regular intex pool. I used an additional inflatable pool for $30 to put the fish/water in, installed the new liner in the leaking pool than transferred everyone back over. Good thing is most inflatable pools are on sale this time of year lol 💀🤙… not a bad idea to keep one on hand anyway for emergencies.
That's a decent idea but I don't know if the frame can handle that

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
That's a decent idea but I don't know if the frame can handle that
It already is really… should b more than fine IMO. If anything the 45mil epdm is much stronger than the vinyl its using now to support the same weight/pressure.

Newandoverthetop

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2021
It already is really… should b more than fine IMO. If anything the 45mil epdm is much stronger than the vinyl its using now to support the same weight/pressure.
Right but the hollow 2ft steel pipe frame already bows out ward and only thing holding the 2ft sections together is a tclamp

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store