Are they air-tighted?

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Hey first of all, I just want to say that I love your food products (my fish does anyway).
Never used other brand of FD food and pellets once I seen how much my fishes love them and how healthy they have become.

I would like to ask a question. Are the container used to hold food like Freeze-dried krill air-tight?

One way I quantify the amount of nutrients in the food is through smell.
I'm sure you have smelled a freshly opened container of those. The smell of krill was intense.

However after a few days of opening, the smell seems to get fainter and fainter.
This leds me to believe that nutrients are being lost to the environment slowly.

HikariSalesUSA

M.A.N. Community Sponsor
MFK Member
Community Sponsor
Jan 31, 2010
Thank you for the kind words. You are correct, this bottle is patented and helps eliminate the chances of oxygen passing through the plastic and impacting the food. It has properties very close to a metal can because of the patented lining inside. Additionally, there is a oxygen absorber inside to futher maintain freshness. Remember, FD products are hydroscpoic and once opened will pull moisture out of the air to try to return to the natural state. This activity is why the smell fades with time. To maintain the best fresheness all the product should be used within 90 days and the product once opened should be kept in a cool, dry place away from high humidity, direct sunlight or heat. For optimum results you can keep the product in the refrigerator as this meets are the requirements. Just don't free it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store