Attention Tilapia feeders

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
If you feed your fish Tilapia fillets, I just got a 2lb bag for $5, with around a dozen individually vacuum sealed fillets - WAL-MART. Just figured I'd share that since MFK likes tilapia for their Monsterfish.

Enjoy.

Thats the cheapest way to buy Walmart, thanks for sharing Frank.:)

Reactions: Frank Castle

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah thanks Frank,I think I'll swing by tomorrow and grab a few bags.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I like too eat them also.
No, no, no....Tilapia isn't for people, that's why we have fish like Tuna and Salmon and Flounder and TROUT :p Eeewww, Tilapia, gross, we kept the Salmon for us :D
Thats the cheapest way to buy Walmart, thanks for sharing Frank.:)
I buy 2 things from WAL-MART, other than that I hate what they have done to the economy and I 'd rather give my business elsewhere. But Pet supplies and Fishing gear I make an exception.
Yeah thanks Frank,I think I'll swing by tomorrow and grab a few bags.
There was a lot more than just Tilapia, like Haddock, Cod, etc....same deal for packaging, vacuum sealed individually. Morays gonna have a feast tonight

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
If you feed your fish Tilapia fillets, I just got a 2lb bag for $5, with around a dozen individually vacuum sealed fillets - WAL-MART. Just figured I'd share that since MFK likes tilapia for their Monsterfish.

Enjoy.
Hell yeah been doing this for a while now. Cheapest place to buy it and for me it's like a 2 minute drive to head out to Walmart. My rays love it and oddly one of my vieja goes nuts for it lol

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Hell yeah been doing this for a while now. Cheapest place to buy it and for me it's like a 2 minute drive to head out to Walmart. My rays love it and oddly one of my vieja goes nuts for it lol
I just was all types of psyched about them being individually packaged so I only have to thaw out a little bit at a time......so much more convenient....it's like little 1/4lb fillets, like they packaged it JUST for people to feed their fish. Who gets full off a 1/4lb of anything???

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There was a lot more than just Tilapia, like Haddock, Cod, etc....same deal for packaging, vacuum sealed individually. Morays gonna have a feast tonight
My mother in law makes some pretty tasty tilapia but I don't think I have eaten haddock before so I might have to try some of that too.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I just was all types of psyched about them being individually packaged so I only have to thaw out a little bit at a time......so much more convenient....it's like little 1/4lb fillets, like they packaged it JUST for people to feed their fish. Who gets full off a 1/4lb of anything???
Yeah that's true. I take maybe 3-4 filets and cut them into many pieces so my rays can eat them and put them in a ziplock.

I had the salmon from that same freezer section and it was pretty good. Tilapia is good too and popular due to its cheap but it's nothing I'd get excited for.

I catch tons of catfish and was going to filet them and make food but tons of what I caught had rectal prolapse and didn't want to risk anything

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store