best public aquarium?

BlackShark11k

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
somewhere
thinking of going to some public aquarium. whats the best one in the US? besides the shedd, since i've already been. moneray? florida? that one in ohio that breeds the ray-shark things?

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
I believe the georgia aquarium is the newest and largest in the country. I've been there and it's worth the cost for entry. Upon it's opening, it was publicized on many TV shows, such as the TODAY SHOW, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, etc . . .

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
The Florida aquarium is a very nice one to see. The one in Dallas is worth a look, but would not make a special trip for it. The one in Honolulu has rely improved over the years and is a must see if you are in town. Also there is a store just off Waikiki beach that has a real cool shark and ray tank with a spiral stair case going up the middle. While you are at it don't pass up snorkeling in Hanauma Bay. The one near Tulsa Oklahoma is small and not overly impressive but if you are driving by, anyway, is worth a stop. If you happen to be in Biloxi Mississippi for some gambling take a break and go for a walk down to the aquarium. It is probably not worth a trip just for the aquarium. I have been to more but will have to think about it.

Haven't been but heard that the Tennessee aquarium is incredible. Heard same thing about the one in Atlanta.

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Chaz88;3921751; said:
The Florida aquarium is a very nice one to see. The one in Dallas is worth a look, but would not make a special trip for it. The one in Honolulu has rely improved over the years and is a must see if you are in town. Also there is a store just off Waikiki beach that has a real cool shark and ray tank with a spiral stair case going up the middle. While you are at it don't pass up snorkeling in Hanauma Bay. The one near Tulsa Oklahoma is small and not overly impressive but if you are driving by, anyway, is worth a stop. If you happen to be in Biloxi Mississippi for some gambling take a break and go for a walk down to the aquarium. It is probably not worth a trip just for the aquarium. I have been to more but will have to think about it.

Haven't been but heard that the Tennessee aquarium is incredible. Heard same thing about the one in Atlanta.

I agree with your asessment of the Tulsa Aquarium. It's smaller but it's nice for a mid-western aquarium. But, in the grand scheme of things, Atlanta is the way to go.

ScottXGTR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Biloxi MS
Chaz88;3921751; said:
If you happen to be in Biloxi Mississippi for some gambling take a break and go for a walk down to the aquarium. It is probably not worth a trip just for the aquarium.
When was the last time you went. lol. Katrina took the Marine Life or what ever it was called into the gulf.

but if youre in the area, new orleans isnt too far away. the aquarium is decent and you can get the combo ticket and check out the audobon zoo as well. makes for a good weekend trip:
saturday: Audubon zoo
saturday night: Bourbon street :naughty:
sunday: Aquarium of the Americas

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
Not on the publick side but if you are in Florida and going to Sea World I recommend spending the money for the predator tour. The shark tank part is amazing. You could jump in with them if you were brave enough to "accidentally fall in". Might want to stay way back on the killer whale part though they seam to be attacking trainers lately.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store