Bichir feed question.

Finster90

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2022
I currently have a 180 gallon tank with a bunch of new bichir and dicus. They were rehomed so everyone is doing great and getting adjusted well. My only concern is trying to feed these guys. Since I have the tank snapped with places too hid and hang out for the bichir it is painful trying too feed them specially since the dicus go over the food/pellets. I've got one that loves shrimp and goes bananas as soon a shrimp hits the water, but what do I do about the others? Are they staying hidden bc they are still adjusting? It's been about 2-3 days now

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
new bichir and dicus.
Tbh that's a bad mix imo. Discus will out compete the bichirs for food. Also your going to have to make large water changes each week to maintain water quality for the Discus.

Last edited:

Finster90

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2022
Tbh that's a bad mix imo. Discus will out compete the bichirs for food. Also your going to have to make large water changes each week to maintain water quality for the Discus.
I have automatic water changes on all my tanks so nitrates are consistently at 0 PPM... I could move my dicus too my planted tank... could I move my 12 rainbows and 6 condos too bichirs tank? Would that be better?

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
I've known people that target feed there Bichirs. Tweezers and massivore pellets and when small turkey baster and blood worms.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store