Bird Nests - When You Realize You Have A Bird Nest on Your Porch

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Very cool pics. I love hummingbirds, and I'm jealous of folks in the SW corner of the US who have so many amazing and beautiful species to enjoy. Up in my neck of the woods, there is essentially only one species, the Ruby-throated, and they are so aggressive when it comes to defending a food source that the only worthwhile way to feed them is with multiple single-station feeders scattered around the yard. The giant feeders with multi-species clouds of hummingbirds surrounding them are not a thing up here. Two individual birds feeding at once on the same feeder does not happen. They fight constantly.

Now...having said that...will you please put down that camera...stop screwing around with birds...stop fretting about leeches and filters and who-knows-what...and finish digging that dang pond!!!!! :)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
the Ruby-throated, and they are so aggressive when it comes to defending a food source
I thought they were nice and friendly to each other boy was I wrong. Put out one Hummingbird feeder and one male would perch above it just chase the others away ?

Reactions: deeda

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Lol last picture, I swear. I’m just under halfway done with the digging!
Yeah, right...this is like trying to train my dog...

"Duke, sit!"

Duke sits, fully at attention, eyes on his master, rapt with attention, obedient, keenly focussed, observant and...oh, look! A squirrel! :)

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store