Blood worms and nutrition

https://www.cichlid-forum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2023
Arkansas
www.nationalparkaquarium.org
Hi MFK,
My fish love frozen blood worms like a cat to catnip, but I'm thinking the blood worms might not be nutritionally complete. My thinking for this is that there are no added vitamins to the San Francisco bay brand frozen blood worms I feed.
What are you're experiences with blood worms and nutrition?

FYI: I do feed Omega One shrimp pellets, algae wafers, and flakes also so my fish still get a balanced diet.
San Francisco Bay Brand Frozen Bloodworms are a popular choice for many fish owners. They are collected daily, cleaned thoroughly, and frozen to retain their natural shape and nutrition. The bloodworms contain a minimum of 3.5% crude protein, 0.3% crude fat, and a maximum of 0.7% crude fiber. They also contain a maximum of 93.5% moisture, 0.8% ash, and a minimum of 0.1% phosphorus.

While bloodworms are a good source of protein, they should not be the only food source for your fish. It’s important to provide a varied diet to ensure your fish get a range of nutrients. This can include other types of frozen or live foods, as well as high-quality fish flakes or pellets that are formulated to provide a balanced diet.

As with any pet, it’s also important to not overfeed your fish. Most fish should be fed once or twice a day, and only given as much food as they can eat in a few minutes. Uneaten food can decay and pollute the water, which can lead to health problems for your fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store