Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
www.tangledupincichlids.com
So the first two names in this thread's title may get some folks' attention, but admittedly they are not species for everyone.
Nevertheless, I do have Amia, Bagarius, and many, many, many other goodies in stock at this time.

Hi all
It's not possible to share my full stock list in a post as there's not sufficient space to paste it. Sorry - I've tried a few different ways.
As you already know, simply visit my web page http://www.tangledupincichlids.com/index.html at any time to view current stock list and to see photos of some highlighted in-stock species posted on the home page below stock list.

The list on my web page is in excel format, so it's really easy to read :)

I pay a fair sum (as in reasonable amount for corresponding web traffic) to maintain the Tangled Up vendor forum, so I really should visit more often. The problem is not because I advertise elsewhere - because I do not. It always comes down to lack of time to devote to posting when care of livestock, customer correspondences, and order processing fill my days.

So here are a few photos to share of stock fish.

calva4.jpg

and when they grow larger, they may look like 'Bobo' below

bobo1.jpg

a direct copy/paste from my stock list for bowfin details:

Amia calva 3.5-4" 50.00 or 3 @ 45.00 ea. great sized 'bowfin'; a highly interesting, truly Jurassic representative of native N. American fish fauna

bagarius1.jpg

For those of you wanting to note fin positions (as I too needed to confirm for species identification), below is a photo of a poor goonch that didn't survive the trip from Bangkok to NJ.
This fish's legacy then became a devotion to science in the form of this quick study.

According to notes at Fishbase.org :
Pelvic-fin origin in front of the base of the last dorsal ray; adipose-fin origin behind the anal-fin origin.

bagarius.jpg

Bagarius bagarius 4-4.5" 150.00 ea. Thai 'goonch' or 'devil cats' of great size to feasibly ship

Now I really don't know what else to include because there are so many choices of species to share.
Some other large growing cats? OK

macropterus.jpg
The stock vulture cats are not as large as my home tank 'pet' individual as seen above, but this dude photographed well, so here you are.

Callophysus macropterus 6-7” 85.00 ea. very difficult to import, highly attractive ‘vulture cat’; has ‘giant Pim’ appearance, yet only grows to 18”

tigrin5.jpg
Brachyplatystoma tigrinum 6” 295.00 ea. awesome ‘tigrinus cats’ of solid 6” chunky size in very ltd qty only

L600e.jpg
Pseudacanthicus leopardus 5-6" 250.00 or 2 @ 235.00 ea. L600 ‘Rio Branco, Roraima’ the real deal! Extremely rare import of large growing (to 16”!) 'leopard red fin cactus pleco'

hystrix.alb.jpg
Acanthicus adonis 'albino' 2.5" 150.00 ea. remarkably striking albino form of giant growing, super spiny, lyre tail pleco; white polka dots on pink/cream body

oncin2.jpg
Liosomodoras oncinus 2.5-2.75” 35.00 ea. boldly marked ‘jaguar cats’ of gorgeous orange & amber w/ intricate black markings
" " 3-4" 50.00 ea. large sized 'jaguar cats'

L239b.jpg

L081.jpg

L019a.jpg
LDA33a.jpg

Baryancistrus beggini 2.5-3” 35.00 or 3 @ 30.00 ea. L239 ‘blue Panaque’ from Colombia; uniquely colored navy blue pleco
" " 3.5-4" 45.00 or 2 @ 40.00 ea. L239 ‘blue Panaque’ in next largest size
" xanthellus 2.5-3" 40.00 or 3 @ 35.00 ea. L081 'gold nugget pleco' from R. Xingu; profusely gold spotted w/ gold trimmed fins
" sp. L019 2.5-3" 50.00 ea. L019 rarely imported Xingu pleco; body & fins covered w/ lg cream colored polka dots
" sp. LDA033 1.5-2" 40.00 ea. LDA033/L142 R. Tapajos 'snowball pleco' w/ large white polka dots on jet black body & fins

L014L031.jpg
L368a.jpg
Parancistrus nudiventris 4-4.5" 50.00 ea. L031 'peppermint pleco' from R. Xingu; jet black body & fins covered w/ sm sky blue spots

Scobinancistrus aureatus 1.5-2" 50.00 or 3 @ 45.00 ea. L014 Rio Xingu 'sunshine pleco'; crazy beautiful lemon polka dots w/ tangerine colored fins
" " 3.5" 85.00 ea. L014 'sunshine pleco' in next size up displaying characteristic bright coloration
" sp. L368 3.5-4” 75.00 or 2 @ 70.00 ea. L368 ‘white spotted cloud pleco’; lg bold white spots cover black body & fins; incredibly showy Tapajos pleco

This can go on and on, but I've spent more time answering the phone than I have on this thread since I started it an hour ago. Just glad it's been auto saving. And emails are piling up.

Oh - I'll leave with this:
Tomorrow a Brazil import is arriving with limited quantities of some pike cichlids we haven't seen in a while.
For example - Crenicichla jegui, sp. cf. jegui, macropthalma, compressiceps, acutirostris, cametana, cyclostoma, Teleocichla sp. from Tocantins, Retroculus lapidifer, Geo. altifrons from Tapajos and Tocantins, and more!

As always, please check the stock list at web page for updates. I do work hard to keep it current as many fish come and go on a weekly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store