Buying fish from fishbuff.com?

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Has anyone bought fish from them? They always have a ton of miscellaneous AquaBid listings under the name "Aquatichub", mostly for wild bettas. I couldn't find much info on them, other than the fact that they're allegedly an Indonesian exporter that works with transshippers across the globe to deliver live fish on an international scale.
I don't trust the reviews on their site, and two out of three of their Aquabid reviews are negative, claiming that they had poor communication and eventually refunded the buyers' money without sending any fish.
The only "legitimate" feedback that I know of is the entry of a Parosphromenus breeder in the Parosphromenus Project database; however, the only information present is that the breeder obtained a few pairs from fishbuff.com some years back.
I was rather interested in purchasing some wild bettas, and fishbuff.com seems to have a decent selection at relatively inexpensive prices, but I don't know if they're legitimate, and I'm not sure I'd want to take the risk, even if I could claim a dispute with Paypal or my credit card company if the site turns out to be a scam.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Has anyone bought fish from them? They always have a ton of miscellaneous AquaBid listings under the name "Aquatichub", mostly for wild bettas. I couldn't find much info on them, other than the fact that they're allegedly an Indonesian exporter that works with transshippers across the globe to deliver live fish on an international scale.
I don't trust the reviews on their site, and two out of three of their Aquabid reviews are negative, claiming that they had poor communication and eventually refunded the buyers' money without sending any fish.
The only "legitimate" feedback that I know of is the entry of a Parosphromenus breeder in the Parosphromenus Project database; however, the only information present is that the breeder obtained a few pairs from fishbuff.com some years back.
I was rather interested in purchasing some wild bettas, and fishbuff.com seems to have a decent selection at relatively inexpensive prices, but I don't know if they're legitimate, and I'm not sure I'd want to take the risk, even if I could claim a dispute with Paypal or my credit card company if the site turns out to be a scam.
I don’t know anything about them, but aren’t there plenty of legit sites with good reviews selling WC betta or does this site have something specific you can’t find anywhere else?

Reactions: Fallen_Leaves16

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
I don’t know anything about them, but aren’t there plenty of legit sites with good reviews selling WC betta or does this site have something specific you can’t find anywhere else?
If there are some, then I'm having some trouble finding them; BWAquatics is pretty much the only site right now with a decent variety and regular stock updates, but their prices are on the higher end (sometimes more than triple what I'm used to paying or have paid before). Other sites either stopped selling wild-types altogether or haven't gotten wild bettas in a long while.
Fishbuff.com also has several more uncommon species for a far superior price compared to what I've seen nowadays.

Reactions: Joshuakahan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store