Cloudy eye...

retiredrunner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2006
Alabama
Hey guys I havent been on in a couple of weeks because my laptop died. I got a new one today so hopefully I ll be around more. My mono has something that appears to be cloudy eye. I ve been using melafix for the last week and so far I havent seen any sign of improvement. Ive had the fish since september and he is in a 55g with a pleco of equal size. Any ideas on treatment would be helpful. My water params all seem fine and my temp is 84 degrees. Thanks.

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
cloudy eye can be caused by internal bacteria and water table bacteria get some medicated food treat all fish if you can and buy a uv sterlizer has worked well for me have never found a product that clears up water table bacterial probs without wiping out everything benificial..

PhoMan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2006
Chicago
I don't know if there's a co-relation between your case with mine. There was a time when I got very busy with other things and I ended neglecting my flowerhorn's tank maintenance. no water change, etc. the result was my my FH's eyes got cloudy and started to pop out/swollen. Fortunately for me I noticed the problem soon enough and was making changing the water every other day about 20-25% each time. after a couple weeks the eyes cleared up and the swelling was reduced. I also reduced the feedings of my fish during this time fearing exessive food can foul up the water. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store