Custom Aquariums Price Increase

Dylfin

Feeder Fish
Mar 26, 2024
I like to occasionally go on Custom Aquariums' website and play around with the tank configurator. Although I do not currently have the resources nor the space to purchase and display a tank of that size, it is nice to dream about when I can. Given how often I check, I remember prices of certain configurations.

A 96x36x24, 360 gallon tank, for example was $3,102 when I checked yesterday. Now it is over $4,000. The cost of the entire set up, tank, colored back, lids, stand, pad for the stand, and 10 inch canopy came in at less than $10,000, I believe around $9,200. Now it is over $11,500. A 10x3x2 tank without a canopy but all the other features previously mentioned came in around $9,500, now it is over $12,000.

Is there something going on with price of glass or wood? I am wondering if this is just general price increases due to inflation or if there is a glass or lumbar shortage. Either way, it is depressing to see prices shoot up so much and looking at future earning prospects relative to these increases. Hoping that its glitch or error in the website but I do not think it is.

Reactions: Irecruitfish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store