Dithers for Red Devil?

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
I recently posted a thread about my pacu being aggresive to my RD, but it seemed like it was just trying to play and has left it alone.However my RD is still hiding in the cave and rarely comes out. Its been three days since i brought it here. It does occasionally come out to give my pacu a chase but returns shortly after seeing me. So i was thinking that adding dithers will help, but which one? They shouldn't be small enough to get eaten by my pacu or snakehead.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
If this is referring to your overcrowded pond, I doubt that adding more fish will help.

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
If this is referring to your overcrowded pond, I doubt that adding more fish will help.

um my pond is definitely not overcrowded and the fish are all living in peace now. There was some some trouble at the start of adding the RD, but not anymore.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Pacu don’t play - when it comes to how they view tankmates, the only difference between them and their piranha cousins is blunt teeth and an extra 2 feet.
Any dither you add will be food for something in the pond.

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
What about silver dollars? they get medium sized and my pacu has lived with them before without causing any problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store