DIY Stand

Thomas_Hung

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2004
Moscow, Idaho
So I got this crazy idea that was inspired by the petstore I used to work at... I want to build a rack style stand that would hold 2 pretty big tanks...something like 6'x2'x2'

I'm not sure what exactly the petstore's stands were made out of but from what I remember they were just wood, 2x4's maybe???

I just can't figure out the best way to filter something like that would be...hmmm

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
have the top tank spill into the bottom tank.
then the bottom tank floe into a slump
have it pump back into the the top tank

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
I build all my own stands...if you want I'll take some photos for you when I get home tonight. I had 2 120 gal stacked for a while but it is too hard to get to the top one so I put 2-20gal and one 29 gal on the top and built a new stand for the other 120 and am planning on putting a 75 and a 20 on top of it.

I use 2x6's and 2x4's. Do you know how to look down a board and see if it's straight? can you use a level? do you have at least 4 wood clamps? (they cost like 5 for cheap ones) do you have a drill with a clutch? how about a saw? if you have these things you can build your own stands!

Thomas_Hung

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2004
Moscow, Idaho
I dont have these things, but I can get them! haha

Please send some pix!! This project is still a few weeks out but I would like to start prepairing now... I'm not really too concerned about accessing the top tank because I plan on having the bottom tank very close to the ground, and I have a step ladder if need be to get at the top tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store