Fish in 86 degree water

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
I did a water change on my top 40 and i put in water that was too warm. In addition to that, I am having problems with my heater. I had it set on max because i could not get it warm enough and it turned on and now my water is 86.5 degrees. The fish look ok. I turned down my heater a lot. It is a 150 watt Marina heater. Will my fish be fine?

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
You replied a thread giving someone the answer to this exact question.
My fish look fine and they are a different kind of fish. I hope my fish don't die. I reset my thermometer and it sais that it is 83.0 degrees and i put it in my lionhead thank that is probably 65 degrees or colder and it said it was 73 degrees. I need a better thermometer. I just realized that after posting this, but it still got warmer. Will my fish be fine?

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
My fish look fine and they are a different kind of fish. I hope my fish don't die. I reset my thermometer and it sais that it is 83.0 degrees and i put it in my lionhead thank that is probably 65 degrees or colder and it said it was 73 degrees. I need a better thermometer. I just realized that after posting this, but it still got warmer. Will my fish be fine?
They'll be fine. Don't sweat it.

Reactions: CarpCharacin

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
they'll be fine. We were just saying that in another thread, earlier today, someone else asked the same exact question and you answered it, so it's odd that you ask. But yes, they'll be fine

Reactions: CarpCharacin
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store