RIP fwlion, Honored Member

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
It is with great sadness that I announce the loss of one of our own, F fwlion .

A friend of his was kind enough to have prepared a eulogy:

J'wan Caleb Tyus aka fwlion,
Was born on March 19th, 1986 to Dalise and the late Reverand Benjamin Tyus Sr.
J'wan had a love for nature and wildlife which inspired him to raise and care for exotic fish.
J'wan also had a great love for cooking which drove him to hone his culinary skills.
He battled several medical obstacles from birth to the extent that physicians suggested he be taken off life support. His mom kept the faith and the playa survived and thrived! He would later take the IQ test and measure at the gifted level.
He is survived by J.Caleb Tyus and Cayden Tyus.
He was my friend and, even though he was younger than me, my aquatics mentor.
J'wan was brilliant but also troubled. I remember his moments of brilliance when we would dork out on fish species like Polypterus and Crenichila!!! Or, when he would blow some pompous, pretentious fish keepers mind with his wealth of knowledge and information of all things fish.
Over the years I watched him grow into fatherhood and expose and teach his children about conservation and aquatics.
I am thankful to have known him and be thought of as friend by such a passionate human being. He loved MFK Nation and invited me to become a part!!!
Gratitude, Monster Fish Keepers for honoring my friend.

Stephon Brisco/yama/ Black Manta Black Manta

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Sorry for your loss and the family's loss as well as the MFK family.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I vaguely recall seeing his name around the boards but condolences go out for him and to his family.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store