Gold VS Bio Gold Plus

snpydhk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2010
west palm beach, fl
I have a flower horn and just ordered the Gold....I saw they had "bio gold plus." It is twice the price but contained an ingredient to mimic UV rays for enhanced color they would get in the wild. Does anyone know how much more enhancementh the Bio Gold offers over the Gold, if at all?

I already ordered the Gold already but was just curious if it made much differance.

HikariSalesUSA

M.A.N. Community Sponsor
MFK Member
Community Sponsor
Jan 31, 2010
Cichlid Bio-Gold+ contains special carotenoids developed through Bio-Technoology which allow the fish to obtain the same colors they would in higher level UV environments. Additionally, it contains a live (viable) living micro-organism which helps multiples once in the fish's digestive system and takes up nutrition that bad bacteria needs to survive. By robbing the food source it can reduce the number of bad bacteria which could impact your fish. Additionally, as these "Hikari" germ multiples it improves digestive action, which allows the fish to use more of the nutrient package, and throws off additional vitamins and minerals the fish can also utilize. These additional vitamins and minerals that are part of the multiplication action helps support immune system health. The bacteria also stays active in the waste of the fish and works to decompose it in to a powder-like consistency making it easier for your bio-action to eliminate. For monster fish, this can translate to better water quality due to the more efficient work of the bio-action on a larger surface are of the waste. The Hikari germ is a transitory bacteria, so reduced feedings or mixing with other foods reduces the benefit and after about 2 weeks of no feeding the benefit is completely eliminated. The addition of the Hikari germ and the use of the special color enhancing ingredients is why the price is higher than the Cichlid Gold.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I have found Bio-Gold to be a good choice for my GTs and use it. I don't use it exclusivly but it seems to be the best pellet I've tried for them. A good diet for Omnivours with sensative digestive systems. IMO for what it's worth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store