Is this a Devil?

Rui

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2005
Calgary, Canada
if you post a pic of the fish straight-on and with his head down, it will be easier to tell. The mouth in Devils are shaped more like a V, while Midas are more U shaped. It won't guarantee pure devil/midas, but at least you will know it is closer to one or the other. Probably won't rule out hybrids either though.

Apex Predator

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
It looks like a Labiatum/Citrinellum Mutt. Typical fare from most of the pet stores today. You can count on seeing more of them after the hurricanes in FLorida. Fish don't generally confine themselves to a breeding pond when the big water hits.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
Yeah... that is what I thought. Just found this kid selling an adult Red Devil female for $20 bucks... too good to be true.

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
pretty fish though. i mean we have all kept mutt dogs and cats. not until the days of the infamous JEFF RAPPS did we all get spoiled anyways. people have kept hybrids for centuries and noone ever cared, but now the TREND is pure wild type fish. I like the new trend, as i like the wild and pure fish. but to each their own.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
CentralMayhem said:
pretty fish though. i mean we have all kept mutt dogs and cats. not until the days of the infamous JEFF RAPPS did we all get spoiled anyways. people have kept hybrids for centuries and noone ever cared, but now the TREND is pure wild type fish. I like the new trend, as i like the wild and pure fish. but to each their own.
Its not just about keeping the female Red Devil, I already got a male and breeding them would be nice. I would be happy if when they sell those fish it would say HYBRID and not Red Devil, then I would not have much of a problem with this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store