Keeping NTT with Indo Tiger

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Hi,
Can you keep a NTT with an indo Tiger datnoid. I’ve heard they should be in groups, but will 2 datnoids of similar sizes be compatible or will they fight and cause problems for the tank. Currently have a 10 inch Indo Tiger Datnoid and planning on purchasing a 3 inch NTT to grow out and then put with my other datnoid. Want to know your thoughts!
Best,
Ray :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; a lot of dat keepers notice aggression issues when keeping two together but I have been lucky and not had problems with mine and I have had just two together in a tank on several occasions.My two biggest dats ,at about ten or twelve inches each have been kept together in a large tank for several years now.
Also,while I don't have any NTT currently I have kept them with indos in the past and they all seemed to get along.

Reactions: Rayfishowner

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I keep a mixture of dats together without aggression. So long as the tank is big enough, and importantly the group is big enough. IMO, two would definitely be a problem.

Of the four types of dat I currently have, IT, NTT, AT and NGT, only the NGT is shy. I only have one NTT left, small, and is quite at home swimming with IT several times its size.

I have recently had three sudden deaths of three really nice NTTs. I am gutted, but this had nothing (that I can see) to do with politics. It may be, as you can read on this forum, that SDS is common with NTT.

Reactions: Rayfishowner
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store