L025 not eating

CrunchyLobster123

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2020
Alberta Canada
So about 2 months ago I got my dream pleco L025 the Scarlet Cactus, he has refused food its been 2 months so I believe he maybe eating the algae growth on the wood and glass. I've tried offering shrimp, krill, Tilapia, algae pellets, carnivore pellets, Zucchini (which he maybe nibbling on), and frozen mysis. I tried feeding some pellets and mysis at night but will try offering some shrimp tonight and do a steak out to see if he accepts it. Hes in a 75 with some odessa barbs, skunk cories, a young ctenopoma and a few golden wonder killifish, his belly unfortunately looks like it a tad sunken in so possibly internal parasites? living in Canada it will be tough to get ahold of meds.

dnz03dw

Aimara
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
So about 2 months ago I got my dream pleco L025 the Scarlet Cactus, he has refused food its been 2 months so I believe he maybe eating the algae growth on the wood and glass. I've tried offering shrimp, krill, Tilapia, algae pellets, carnivore pellets, Zucchini (which he maybe nibbling on), and frozen mysis. I tried feeding some pellets and mysis at night but will try offering some shrimp tonight and do a steak out to see if he accepts it. Hes in a 75 with some odessa barbs, skunk cories, a young ctenopoma and a few golden wonder killifish, his belly unfortunately looks like it a tad sunken in so possibly internal parasites? living in Canada it will be tough to get ahold of meds.
able to get prazi pro or general cure? have you seen it poop?

dnz03dw

Aimara
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
whats the water temp? that sucks that u can buy fish meds up there.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I'm not necessarily recommending or suggesting this, but...I have had surprising success using puppy de-worming products on my fish. On both native fish that were infected with tapeworms (huge tapeworms!) and some smaller fish that were afflicted with Camallanus worms. I purchased a liquid product sold for puppies, soaked freeze-dried foods in it and repeated the treatment weekly for at least three weeks. I lost a single fish (Goodeid livebearer) which I believe was simply too far gone with Camallanus, but the majority of my "patients" survived the treatment and appeared to be cured, living out natural lifespans.

I admit it's very haphazard and poorly controlled, but...hey, we're Canadian. We can't be trusted with simple instructions and products, and must either improvise or just give up. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store