Malawi or Tanganyika Setup

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
I'm in love with the red (orange) ones.

I can't even begin to imagine what the...*barred colored* ones look like.

Google me a pic....

I've never used google in my life. :hearts:

Rui

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2005
Calgary, Canada
Totally agree with Pirhana45..You mix Tropheus with much else, be careful about diet. Very easy for them to get Bloat if fed high protein diet. Calvus need more protein to grow (they do it slow regardless, but try not feeding them much protein!).

The big haps and Mbuna from malawi will eventually terrorize your calvus. Stick with Taganikyans, or if you must have malawi, avoid mbuna (pseudotropheos, labeotropheus, melanochromis, etc.).

Moori and Dubosi are not a bad mix with the mbuna though, as long as they are about the same size. Bloat is a killer for Tropheus, no matter what species. Petrochromis are LESS susceptible, but still a bit risky.

sleepyflight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Here's some pics....(look in my gallery, couldn't fit the pics in here) tank is under light renov still. These are recent but I used to have double the fish until good old hurricane Charlie wooped our asses here in Daytona. Over stocking not recom. in event of hurricane :wall: And for you "iheartfishies" the red snook is popping his head out in the left lower corner, I'll put another of him up there too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store