MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Have you tested your water?
No
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
No
What percentage of water do you change?
91-100%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
So over the past several months I have noticed my ~13" male umbee has been having issues eating his food. He will attempt to grab it and inevitability take 5-6 trys before he is able to get it in his mouth. I feed he and his gal NLS and freeze dried krill during lunch. Thinking he might have an issue with the lighting I tried in the morning with no better luck. He always appears to be hungry no sunken belly just seems like he is farsighted if that is a thing for fish? She is not having any issues and the 6" in the sump isn't either. Answers above are false. I drip and have a massive pothos grow out.

Denon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Hoping he just bumped into something and eventually he will be back to seeing properly again. He is only ~2.5 years old. He dislocated one side of his jaw about a year ago and since then, they have pulled away a bit from his face, but they are at least even now. His gal hasn't been helping on that front by lip locking with him occasionally when they get ready to breed. Thanks for the comment, I will be sure and keep a closer eye on his lips, just in case.

Reactions: RD.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Good stuff, he’s a handsome looking fish. Hopefully his vision issue is only temporary.

Reactions: Denon
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store