March '09 - Name that Kitty for TUIC cash!

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
www.tangledupincichlids.com
That was very cool! Thanks again to everyone who participated.

As you may know, previous months' winners had answers to what I thought were moderately difficult questions in only minutes after I posted them.
So I took it up a notch this time. Nonetheless, virtually nothing is sacred with all the search engines available to us. Heck, I had to use them to get this month's photos and names together.

There were a total of 26 possible correct answers, taking each and every cat, cat character, and catfish into equal consideration.
Several of you got many of them, but only two can win.

I'll post answers sent by the winner and runner up.

ryansmith83 sent in 18 of 26 correct answers. Way to go Ryan! You have $ 50.00 of fish credit towards your next order!

#1 - Cheshire Cat
#2 - Serval
#3 - Asian Golden Cat
#4 - Salem Saberhagen, from Sabrina I had no idea Salem had a last name ;)
#5 - ???
#6 - Caracal
#7 - George, Tom's cousin yes! Tom's cousin George is very afraid of mice!
#8 - Fishing Cat
#9 - Felix the Cat
#10 - Morris flashback to my childhood! As children of the early seventies, we all knew Morris-spokescat for 9 Lives.
#11 - Penelope Pussycat
#12 - Hit Cat, Scat Cat, and Shun Gon
#13 - Lynx
#14 - Mar***
#15 - Channel catfish? Tachysurus fulvidraco - a temperate water cat from China that used to be around the trade more often
#16 - Black-footed Cat
#17 - Pampas Cat
#18 - CatDog

Sencion88 comes in second with 16 correct answers. Great job Joel! $25.00 of free fish for you!

1. Cheshire Cat
2. Savannah Cat oh so close man. Serval x domestic cat = savannah cat. Check out pics below of my savannah cat, Jerry. How cool is jumpin Jerry?!
3. Asian Golden Cat
4. Salem
5. 1)Sperata aor
2)Synodontis Decorus
3) Pseudopimelodus bufonius
4) Calophysus macropterus
5) Surubimichthys planiceps
6) Liearius pictus
7) Spatuloricaria species
6.Caracal caracal
9. Felix the cat
11. Penelope yes! I only just learned this for the contest. Amazing the trivia available on this internet
12. 1) Scat cat the hippest hep cat I ever want to meet!
2) Hit Cat
3) Shun Gon way to go! Again, never knew his name till I researched for this contest
13. Lynx cat
14. Leopardus wiedii
16. Felis nigripes
17. Oncifelis colocolo
18. CatDog

Honorable mention to aliu33 who did have the most correct answers (22), but sent them in at 3:45 AM EST.
I'm sorry, but I referred this dilemna over to the jury this morning (my kids) and they agreed - great job with answering, but a cut off is a cut off.

Had I left this open to answers for longer, I would have felt like a school teacher grading a pop quiz given to a very large class.
It was hard enough going through the responses I received.
I'd suck as a school teacher because I'd want to give everyone A's !

So here's the answer key for picture # 5
And yes, that's the anal fin of an arowana in the upper border of my photo.

and of course, there's Jerry the savannah cat

zenyfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
OC, CA
bigguapote;2977960; said:
T

Honorable mention to aliu33 who did have the most correct answers (22), but sent them in at 3:45 AM EST.
I'm sorry, but I referred this dilemna over to the jury this morning (my kids) and they agreed - great job with answering, but a cut off is a cut off.

That's aliu321, which is me. I just saw the contest too late ... but it was lots of fun!

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Woohoo! I've never won anything online. This is great.

Jeff, that was a really fun contest. I'd actually been researching wild cats (especially Servals) because I considered getting a Savannah. This contest was right up my alley, except for the actual fish portion of it. I'm horrible with catfish species. :D

Thanks so much for doing this! Congratulations to Sencion88, too.

Ryan

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
www.tangledupincichlids.com
ryansmith83;2978267; said:
Woohoo! I've never won anything online. This is great.

Jeff, that was a really fun contest. I'd actually been researching wild cats (especially Servals) because I considered getting a Savannah. This contest was right up my alley, except for the actual fish portion of it. I'm horrible with catfish species. :D

Thanks so much for doing this! Congratulations to Sencion88, too.

Ryan

I did the same Ryan. That's why we have a savannah!
I was thrilled with the concept of owning a serval.
However, too many strikes against them for making a decent 'house pet'.
They may or may not use a litter box.
They may or may not be subject to spraying about the home.
Although a 30-35 lb athletic cat may sound so very cool, you can forget about keeping any decorations on top of tables, desks, etc.
You see the photo posted above with Jerry on the window sill? That's nothing compared to where a serval may go!

LOPAKA

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2008
where EVERY things LEGAL :)
stevenrox;2976649; said:
#1 persian cat
#3 loin cat
#4 black cat
#5 ones a chanel cat
#6 Mountain lion
#7 tom cat
#10 fat cat
#11 love cats
#14 bob cat
#18 CAT DOG!!
how many i got correct?:popcorn:
LOL

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
bigguapote;2977960; said:
#15 - Channel catfish? Tachysurus fulvidraco - a temperate water cat from China that used to be around the trade more often
:) I had 4 until about a week ago :) I still have two :)

Nice game!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store