Mbuna tank

HUKIT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2010
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Great looking tank! It’s been 10 plus years since I’ve had Africans. What light are you running, great shimmer? I have Kessils on a couple of my large tanks but I don’t want spend that much moving forward.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Great looking tank! It’s been 10 plus years since I’ve had Africans. What light are you running, great shimmer? I have Kessils on a couple of my large tanks but I don’t want spend that much moving forward.
Thanks! These are Kessil A80 tuna suns. Ya they’re a little pricey but worth it IMO . I have two on this tank and a tuna blue on my reef, but I plan on putting them on all my tanks at some point

Reactions: HUKIT

HUKIT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2010
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Thanks! These are Kessil A80 tuna suns. Ya they’re a little pricey but worth it IMO . I have two on this tank and a tuna blue on my reef, but I plan on putting them on all my tanks at some point
Thank you sir. I have a handful of Kessils and was hoping to get that shimmer without buying more, Lol.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Thank you sir. I have a handful of Kessils and was hoping to get that shimmer without buying more, Lol.
No problem.
I’ve noticed any LED light will create good shimmer if there’s enough distance between the light and the tank. For example the best shimmer I’ve had was from LED recessed lighting 8’ over my tank

Reactions: HUKIT
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store