Mr. Murderlips Feeding

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
Pretty vicious, and amazing to watch. He only gets fed once or twice a week, but he would very happily eat more!

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Pretty vicious, and amazing to watch. He only gets fed once or twice a week, but he would very happily eat more!
Is it full grown? That’s amazing he only needs to be fed once or twice a week and he still looks chubby. All my puffers look like their starving to death even fed once or twice a day…and they’re dewormed.

how long have you had it?

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
Probably 6 months or so. Accurate information on this species is hard to come by, it's not that well known. I think it's max size is about 6", and he's 4.5-5" now. What puffers do you have and what do you feed them? That was a pretty massive chunk of fish he ate there, that's why he eats so infrequently.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
I have a group of schoutedeni and a mbu. They’re not emaciated but not chubby either and they eat everyday lol. They miss one meal and they sit in the corner sulking. Yours looks great. How long have you followed your feeding routine?

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
The whole time. I feed my schoutendi every other day, and he’s chunky. Maybe something more meatier?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store