My new Cane Corso puppy that I got on July the 5th 2019

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
True,my main issue with Pedigree besides it's low quality ranking is the loose,messy stool my dogs have produced after eating it.
Interesting, I guess just like with fish food different dogs will have different reactions/results with different foods. Except on the rare occasion I had to switch to other brands (which would be natural for a dog to have some loose stools), I never really had that problem with any of my dogs (Westie-Poo that lived until 17/18; 2 Labs, one who lived until 14, the other 12 (both put to sleep do to back legs going out); and our current pup, an 11-yr old Spanish Hound).

That said, who knows, maybe with better food they would have lived even longer. To me Pedigree is kind of the Hikari of the dog food world -- it works pretty good but there are surely better.

FishLover831

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2018
Interesting, I guess just like with fish food different dogs will have different reactions/results with different foods. Except on the rare occasion I had to switch to other brands (which would be natural for a dog to have some loose stools), I never really had that problem with any of my dogs (Westie-Poo that lived until 17/18; 2 Labs, one who lived until 14, the other 12 (both put to sleep do to back legs going out); and our current pup, an 11-yr old Spanish Hound).

That said, who knows, maybe with better food they would have lived even longer. To me Pedigree is kind of the Hikari of the dog food world -- it works pretty good but there are surely better.
I Have a pitbull that's 12 years old 3/4 of his life he's been eating pedigree no problems with it for me.

Reactions: islandguy11

FishLover831

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2018
True,my main issue with Pedigree besides it's low quality ranking is the loose,messy stool my dogs have produced after eating it.
My dog Doesn't get any loose or messy stools from it, It seems to be alright with my puppy cane corso and also my pitbull that is 12 years old now that has been on pedigree for 3/4 of his life.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
My dog Doesn't get any loose or messy stools from it, It seems to be alright with my puppy cane corso and also my pitbull that is 12 years old now that has been on pedigree for 3/4 of his life.
Thats good then,dogs react differently to different foods.I don't recall ever scooping my dogs poop up without there being a messy smear while they were on Pedigree..
I hate cleaning up behind dogs (cats too which is why I no longer have any)and tight compact poopage makes the chore a bit more easy to accept.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Thats good then,dogs react differently to different foods.I don't recall ever scooping my dogs poop up without there being a messy smear while they were on Pedigree..
I hate cleaning up behind dogs (cats too which is why I no longer have any)and tight compact poopage makes the chore a bit more easy to accept.
Understandable given the size of your monster dog :) (I think you have a Mastiff, right?) Is there a Monster Dog Keepers site? If so I wonder if they get in Dog Food Wars like we do with fish pellets lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Understandable given the size of your monster dog :) (I think you have a Mastiff, right?) Is there a Monster Dog Keepers site? If so I wonder if they get in Dog Food Wars like we do with fish pellets lol.
Yep,French Mastiff but if the Cane Corso up the street is any indication Fishlover better get a good set of shovels as it is huge and it must poop out turtles! Canes seem to grow bigger than Frenchies...the poor thing is a big old neglected yard dog that's been tethered to a tree all it's life.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
....and that would be a hoot,arguing over dog food supremacy.I'm not on any but I'm sure there are such dog forums out there where such topics are hotly debated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store