My new puffer - Cross River!

jrh14

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2022
How is your puffer getting on?
Sorry for the late reply, was busy moving to a new house!

I saw you got a cross river as well, amazing!

It is so interesting to me how the colour of my puffer has changed since I got him in November to now. I also find the colours change throughout the day and during feeding time. Sometimes the colours of the dots are orange with dark black/brown rings around them, sometimes brown and today they were more orange. Anyone experience this with their cross rivers?

Managed to snap this photo today - I’d say he/she is getting close to probably 8-9” now.

• Love
Reactions: Simonas

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Gorgeous! New update time? :D

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Sorry for the late reply, was busy moving to a new house!

I saw you got a cross river as well, amazing!

It is so interesting to me how the colour of my puffer has changed since I got him in November to now. I also find the colours change throughout the day and during feeding time. Sometimes the colours of the dots are orange with dark black/brown rings around them, sometimes brown and today they were more orange. Anyone experience this with their cross rivers?

Managed to snap this photo today - I’d say he/she is getting close to probably 8-9” now.

He looks ace, mine was 8.5" when I sold it last week. Regretted it in a way as soon as I did it but I never bought the puffer it was donated to me at short notice and ultimately I wanted to do more with my spare 6ft than have a puffer only tank. Would love to see how they are when pver a foot though

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Looking spectacular! Thanks for the update :)

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Thanj
It has been a little over 1 year since I got him/her! I had a lot of real plants (anubias) but they didn’t last long! Replaced them with fake ones.

Thanks for sharing. Did the puffer destroy the plants? Also, how are they with tankmates?

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store