Needing help, wild caught fish

Finsoftheamazon

Feeder Fish
Mar 27, 2024
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I caught 3 baby bass out of the river and they have small black spots on there Fins and body. I brought them home and put them in quarantine because I wanted to put them in my 200 gallon pool/pond but I can’t do so until I get rid of what I’m assuming is some kind of parasite. Any info on what they have or how to rid of it would be greatly appreciated. I put a picture so you can see what I’m talking about. IMG_0498.jpeg

Reactions: qldmick

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hard to tell. Could be black spot disease. Seen in some bass. Can try praziquental and febendazole.

Finsoftheamazon

Feeder Fish
Mar 27, 2024
Hard to tell. Could be black spot disease. Seen in some bass. Can try praziquental and febendazole.
thank you! I’ll give it a shot, there ain’t no telling what else these bass are carrying being brought from the river so even if it doesn’t cure the black spots I’m sure it will still be beneficial

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store