Oscar type id

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Oscar's are like a box of chocolates, never know what you will get till you eat one, err they grow up. The fry hide me colors change drastically as they grow.
I started with this20170605_181541.jpg
And she turned into this
20180830_170959.jpg

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
As stated above. Anyone knows how they will look like when adult?
Love the look, can I ask where you got them? I'm hoping online so I can check out the info. on them. Scientific name and catch location if possible? I imagine you're asking about the high yellow, black freckled individual. Reminds me of my old O which I've been looking to get for ages. If it is like my Old O here's a pic of a 10 inch individual.
View media item 50822

perun28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
Canada
Love the look, can I ask where you got them? I'm hoping online so I can check out the info. on them. Scientific name and catch location if possible? I imagine you're asking about the high yellow, black freckled individual. Reminds me of my old O which I've been looking to get for ages. If it is like my Old O here's a pic of a 10 inch individual.
View media item 50822
very good and interesting looking oscar, as about mine just at lfs

Reactions: tlindsey

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
very good and interesting looking oscar, as about mine just at lfs
Can I ask the name of the LFS as they may have an online shop? Can I ask what they were called when you bought them? Crassipinnis? Orbicularis? Mikolji, 'Rio Orinoco', Colombia, Peru? My apologies for the question. It is just a species I have been after for awhile and haven't been able to find.

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store