Pike charcin introducing.

Oddballhunter12

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2023
So I have two separate tanks with South American pike charicins one tank has “smaller” hejutas and the other has larger marbles. So I do know that these fish can be inter mixed without issue since I’ve done it prior the only issue is the size I’ve heard that larger specimens may prey on smaller specimens however I’m not sure what the size ratio is to conclude if one would be attacked by the other. I’d like to introduce my hejutas to my marbles but I want to make sure the hejutas are big enough to be with the marbles. My marbles to my knowledge are completely non aggressive towards anything bigger than a large feeder gold fish but I also don’t keep anything that is particularly thin in their tank. They live with a sevrum, flag cichlid, feather fin squeakers, and a Lima non of which bother the marble pike charicins. So if anyone has also mixed South American pike charicins I’d like to know what size they should be before introducing them.

IMG_1794.jpeg

71579888143__B886ADE5-FF25-440F-AD0E-DB169C9656BE.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Should be able to mix the bicuda and hujeta with the spotted pike characins. Mixed pike characins before w/o issues. Should be similar sized but not sure what you’ll do once the bicuda starts to put on size.

Oddballhunter12

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2023
thanks for the advice. And to answer the bicuda I didn’t particularly want to buy one I bought three silvers and they asked if I wanted the last one subbed not knowing they’d send me a bicuda. So I gave it to a buddy who has a much larger tank that’ll be able to suffice it. As for the silvers they are enjoying their new marbled buds.

IMG_3679.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store