Plywood tank

MattSplat

Feeder Fish
Dec 13, 2023
Hi all, this is the first time posting on any forum so bare with.. I am planning on a monster tank build having kept Discus, Oscars, puffa's and pipe fish, obviously in separate tanks..
I am going to build a 480cm long 120 wide 120 tall plywood tank with 4 100cm square windows.. My plan is to use 2 sheets of 25mm ply length ways and full sheets for all the sides.. The bottom will be 2 sheets of 25mm ply thick staggered to so to support joins. I was planning on creating a lip to help support the join of walls to bottom, by having second layer of ply 25mm smaller all round.. i was then going to support the back 3 edges with 10mm square posts every 40cm with the each of the corners supported by 3 10 by 10 posts.. Any glaring errors yet? The front I am hoping to do the 4 windows with 19mm low iron toughened glass, supported all the way round by 10cm overlap with the ply.. on the front I was going to use 2 by 2 square timber with no gaps, which I figure this would be as strong as 4 by 2 with gaps.. How does this all sound, been thinking/planning this for several years, and wanted to run it past people with experience before I start buying materials!! Thank you for reading..

Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store