Project: Flowerhorn x ????

sarmatian07

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2020
I have a female KZZ Flowerhorn she is just 5 months old. I planning to breed her at the time she is ready. I have a juvenile male red devil he is 6-7 inches. I read in this forum that crossing FH and red devil is not a good idea.
Here is an example of this cross. What could be attractive about this female?

DSC02299.JPG

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Here is an example of this cross. What could be attractive about this female?

View attachment 1529197
Honestly for a 50/50 cross that's some good results. Definitely better looking then I would expect. It's got good body shape and no deformities that I can see at least. Honestly not much different from an average fader FH that just didn't fade completely. Could use some better pearling but other then that I'd say it looks good.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

sarmatian07

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2020
I believe that if the author of the topic obtains a fader line through hybridization, then it is better for his FH female to select a male Vieja Fenestratus Catemaco (pink). I was unable to find a similar cross as an example, but I think the fader gene should work in some of the offspring.

008.jpg

Rakeboy

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2020
Philippines
I believe that if the author of the topic obtains a fader line through hybridization, then it is better for his FH female to select a male Vieja Fenestratus Catemaco (pink). I was unable to find a similar cross as an example, but I think the fader gene should work in some of the offspring.

View attachment 1529290
Planning to do with this route. Crossing my fh with vieja species. Based on my research most use vieja syn and even vieja hybrid. I already found a vieja fenestratus like this the problem is the sex is not yet determined.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store