Protopterus Amphibius tank mates

BlueLineAquaticsSC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2022
I recent purchased a Gilled Lungfish who is growing out in a 20 long. He is about 6” now. He will eventually be moved into my 90g that I just evicted all of my cichlids out of. I still have one fish left in the tank that o would like to keep if able, a 9” striped Raphael catfish.

I’m not worried about aggression from the LF. I know Protopterus Annectins has a reputation of being a murderous bugger, but I’ve heard Amphibius is much more chill and this guy won’t even go after the guppies that are with him.

I am worried about the cat. I’ve never seen him go after the cichlids, but I’ve heard when the lights go out they can turn into Mr Hyde, and my LFs little noodle arms might be to appealing to a prowling catfish. Any suggestions or experiences keeping this lungfish with anything else? Not worth the risk?

7F643A20-F50D-45F2-9F0F-12E56BDB5ABB.jpeg

49CDE0F9-CF02-408A-8C9C-302907A9B461.jpeg

Kingdoffishcraft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
If he isn't big enough to fit in the cats mouth you should be good. The noodle arms shouldn't be bitten or torn off if the cat is fed well (i had success but keep in mind all fish arent equal).

As for other tank mates i think any "monster fish" will do fine if fed well and if they have their space. Like i send previously it was successfully for me (but i ended up separating him because it was getting a bit crowded) but keep in mind all fish are unique and you Lung Fish could be a mean bugger.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store