Red devil?midas ? decode

HilJack41

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Cincinnati soon to be lakeland fl
So i tried to post somewhere else, someones intro form. but here is my question.... i have a breeding pair of what i belive to be red devils... they could jsut be hybrids, but the question i have is mainly about my female.. is she hybred wiht and unrelated fish like a sevrum.. the babies are sploched black and orange, and others never leaft their grey color. i have pictures in my album..... it told me they were to big to post. could all you smarties help me out. is she a mutt? are they more red devil or more midas. her eyes are diffrent than his, then i have another fish who was givn to me as a red evil his eyes are redish... is there a reason... i want knowlege, i love it.. educate me. p45 was alot of help, but will youguys help me anilize my pictures?

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
male labiatus dont grow nuchal humps. not anywhere near something that looks like a midas' hump. your male has some big lips wich suggests a cross with some labiatus but mostly citrinellus. most of the red devils today seem to me to have more citrinellus than labiatus. on the female, she could have more labiatus than the male as most citrinellus females get nice sized humps as well and the female labiatus does not. but they are both thicker bodied than true labiatus so id say they are mostly citrinellus hybrids. just my opinion any others would be cool

HilJack41

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Cincinnati soon to be lakeland fl
one thing i did notice ot day, the male has a very v sahped mouther shere as the female has more aof a u.. and p45 commented on that so im thinking your rihgt. thaks for being hte only one to help out.. and p45.. :hearts:

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
i was on dial up sorry . looked like midas red devil mix to me . by the way my midas eggs are fertle woot

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
HilJack41 said:
one thing i did notice ot day, the male has a very v sahped mouther shere as the female has more aof a u.. and p45 commented on that so im thinking your rihgt. thaks for being hte only one to help out.. and p45.. :hearts:
in all likelihood, they're both mixes, its just the female has more midas blood in her and the male has more RD blood in him...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store