Skinny disease treatment uk

Wrinkle_gang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2023
Hi guys. Noticed my second largest clown loach has skinny disease but I’m struggling with finding medication quickly in the Uk.
Can someone point me in the right direction please?
I was going to put him in a hospital tank for treatment but I’m worried about the rest of my fish. Should I treat the entire tank? And leave him in there?
Any advice much appreciated thanks.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The other fish look fine? Id treat the whole tank with levamisole with repeat dosing. Make sure the fish eats. Not sure what meds are available in the uk. Fritz has some products. Think in the uk.

Reactions: Stephen St.Clair

Wrinkle_gang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2023
Thanks for the reply. He didn’t look too good this morning so i removed him from the tank and disposed of him humanely. And it was then I noticed some stringy white poop floating in the tank.
I have lots of tiger fish in there and an Asian aro as well as 3 clown knifes and the group of loaches. So I don’t want any more deaths on my hands.
Since brexit it seems really hard to get decent meds here.

hamfist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Southampton, UK
And for those in the future who might be linked to this thread - FLuke Solve (available in the UK - usually on Ebay) is what you need. Its a praziquantel-based med.

hamfist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Southampton, UK
Plus the mainstay of any Skinny disease treatment which is any Levamisole or flubendazole-based med. Example being Kusuri's "DIscus WOrmer"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store