Two spotted Congo puffers

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
So I got another one, put the two together, and my original is beating up on the new one. I thought that it might be territorial, so I rearranged the tank. Didn’t work. Are they establishing a hierarchy? The new one is a little stressed, so I’m wondering if it’s time to go to plan b. They were in a 20g long, a quarantine tank for deworming and stuff. Plan b is a 29g by himself. They were going to get moved to their 75, probably by the weekend. Maybe the extra room is all they need. There’s no damage being done, but the new one is dark and hiding. It’s been 5 days that they have been together with little change.

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
So I put a divider in, but leopold keeps trying to attack the new one. I’m going to give them their own tanks for now, maybe try again in the 75, but probably not. I thought these guys were peaceful, but apparently not to conspecifics. You never know how puffers are going to react with the different personalities, this is why you need a contingency plan when trying stuff like this!

Reactions: tlindsey

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
I can’t afford 5-6. They are each going in a separate 75. They’ll have tankmates, but not each other.

Reactions: SandNukka15
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store