Where can i find this! and what is it called

Logan487

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
North Carolina
Not sure if its AI, at the very start there is a blip where camera goes over the corner of the tank, AI is usually not intuitive enough to feature things off camera like that and would just continue with the blue wall. That said though for a Koi that quality your probably looking at importing and about as much as a nice house would run you.

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
Yea its a doitsu showa and not AI. Doitsu koi have unreal colors but not as pricey as regular showa. Will have to find a local shop that imports from japan or online. Or fly to Japan and handpick. High quality koi are pricey.

M3AN ONE

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
Long Island
They dont breed them here after they sell them to Americans. I dont want to spend alot of money I just want the look.

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
Those are modified/cut fish, notice how the body color separation is all white, and the borders for each color are a little too clean. It's a relatively common practice for fish originating from some bad Indonesian koi farms, but what they do is basically scrape the body of the fish and trim the color plates to be these patterns. The scar tissue that emerges can only come up as white. It used to be done with Tancho koi too, I'll look for a video that showcases it.

Found it, I hope it's okay I share this. What's shown in this video is a little less inhumane then completely scribing the fish.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Those are modified/cut fish, notice how the body color separation is all white, and the borders for each color are a little too clean. It's a relatively common practice for fish originating from some bad Indonesian koi farms, but what they do is basically scrape the body of the fish and trim the color plates to be these patterns. The scar tissue that emerges can only come up as white. It used to be done with Tancho koi too, I'll look for a video that showcases it.

Found it, I hope it's okay I share this. What's shown in this video is a little less inhumane then completely scribing the fish.
Ugh...i actually didnt know about this yet another barbaric ornamental fish practice. Not surprising though.

TheFishWorks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2023
Beautiful showa koi! Could possibly be from a line of Doitsu koi (these are usually scaleless bar a row of large scales down the spine, some can be totally scaleless like this one appears to be. Makes the colours look super defined!)

You can usually source these from large scale koi breeders that will allow you to pick from their own top quality stock or fish shops that sell koi in smaller quantities (worth a bit of googling in your area). Depending on the size something like that is worth near the $1000 AUD mark.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store