Why my Congo spotted puffers are always resting

professorjimjam

Dovii
MFK Member
May 26, 2021
I have three three puffers Congo spotted puffers.
they are adult size andone male and two females. Couple of months ago they were mating and releasing eggs every other week and those spawning stuff stopped in a while but they still eat a lot and very healthy. Now they have developed a weird kind of habit althat also during the day they sit on the leaves and relax and only they will start coming to the glass when they are hungry.

is this nornal behavior?
have you experienced such behavior from your puffers?

unless they are hungry that they will search for food, they will relax when their stomach are full.
Here is the pictures,
They look happy as for this puffer when the skin black spots are not vivid then it means they are happy.

appreciate your help and experience you can share with me

09FB9EA0-155D-4680-8F30-249C288467A3.jpeg09421BA9-9401-4C5C-93CE-B4C643232737.jpeg

Reactions: Fallen_Leaves16

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
I find that older puffers tend to rest a lot more, and as long as your puffers do not seem visibly stressed and are eating well I wouldn't find the behavior very concerning. Would probably be better to keep an eye on them to make sure they're alright just in case.

Reactions: professorjimjam

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Seems normal to me - Amazons are the only ones that never stop moving.
As said, as long as they look fine (which they do) and are eating well I wouldn’t be too concerned, but do keep an eye out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store