Why my Vittatus so skittish

isaraka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2023
Vietnam
Hi everybody. I want to ask why my VATF so skittish, I have 1 Goliath 12cm, 2 bichirs, 1 goonch, 1 giraffe cat, 1payara and 1 vittatus 20cm, my vittatus is very shy and often crashes into my tank. Is there any advice to help my calm down, thank so much. My tank size 150x50x60

z5036850221142_6222b9176564328f490429fee819c73e.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d place some tall plants against the sides.

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Mine is the same on water change day but ok generally as long as I dont make sudden movements in front of his tank

He's really bold at feeding taking everything from my prongs

I now switch the garage light on half hour before water changes to ensure he doesnt get spooked when I do the water change which seems to work

Reactions: isaraka and kno4te

isaraka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2023
Vietnam
Mine is the same on water change day but ok generally as long as I dont make sudden movements in front of his tank

He's really bold at feeding taking everything from my prongs

I now switch the garage light on half hour before water changes to ensure he doesnt get spooked when I do the water change which seems to work
Vittatus can be said to be the most skittish in the tank, he sometimes rubs against the glass and is mostly startled when I get close, GATF is not like that, quite calm and only a bit skittish when changing water. Maybe I'll consider creating a current to calm him down

Reactions: Simonas

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Vittatus can be said to be the most skittish in the tank, he sometimes rubs against the glass and is mostly startled when I get close, GATF is not like that, quite calm and only a bit skittish when changing water. Maybe I'll consider creating a current to calm him down
mines not as skittish as yours by sounds of it but I do have a wavemaker in there. worth a try

Reactions: isaraka
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store