Will the tank fit

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
As space is tight, don't build a mock-up tank that is flexible, even thin wood will move too much. Ask me how I know...

If your existing stands are steel or correctly build wood, is very simple to move them around with a hydraulic car jack and several small platform trolleys. Invest in low height ones so you don't need to jack up much or build own. You still need to drain almost all the water to move the tank but substrate and fish can remain.

If all else fails, it's quite easy to add an extension onto a tank so you can lengthen or widen or go around a corner or even surround a fish room structural post on any tank provided you don't mind a visible seam. This is no different from having a corner seam if you think about it. I've joined 3 and 4 tanks together and there isn't a limit.

Reactions: tlindsey

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Midwest Custom Aquariums can build your tank on site. You could go as big as you want with no doors or walls to contend with.

thank you. We are looking to move. This maybe perfect for the next house

As space is tight, don't build a mock-up tank that is flexible, even thin wood will move too much. Ask me how I know...

If your existing stands are steel or correctly build wood, is very simple to move them around with a hydraulic car jack and several small platform trolleys. Invest in low height ones so you don't need to jack up much or build own. You still need to drain almost all the water to move the tank but substrate and fish can remain.

If all else fails, it's quite easy to add an extension onto a tank so you can lengthen or widen or go around a corner or even surround a fish room structural post on any tank provided you don't mind a visible seam. This is no different from having a corner seam if you think about it. I've joined 3 and 4 tanks together and there isn't a limit.
Thank you i am not following the last paragraph. Can you explain further?

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Say you have an 8 x 2 x 2 tank and you want to replace this with a wider tank but your door is only 2.5 foot wide.

Just add an 8 x 2 tank extension onto your first tank to create an 8 x 4 x 2 foot tank.

You would need to cut this extension off when it's time to move but it's only silicone.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
thank you. We are looking to move. This maybe perfect for the next house
If you are building a new house, you also have the option of moving a big tank in before the outside and inside walls are completed. That's what we did. We moved the stand and tank in before the walls and windows were completed.

1702784056104.png

Tank and stand were moved with a pallet jack when the inside walls were done.
1702784470842.png

Fish room was basically constructed around the tank
1702784526015.png

Reactions: wednesday13

puffers4puffers

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
Kensington CA
If you are building a new house, you also have the option of moving a big tank in before the outside and inside walls are completed. That's what we did. We moved the stand and tank in before the walls and windows were completed.

View attachment 1531748

Tank and stand were moved with a pallet jack when the inside walls were done.
View attachment 1531749

Fish room was basically constructed around the tank
View attachment 1531750
Jealous!!
That’s gonna hold a lot of tetras

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store