Back in with the Wolves

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
It's been a long time since being here, I have had many Wolf fish species in the passed and most of them have been on here, about 6 Months ago my long term Aimara, 15 or so years, died, leaving a massive hole, haven't really been into the fish lately, it took me a very long time to decide what to put in the tank, I am going to do a fairly loose Orinoco Biotype starting with this new one, Hoplias Curupira, that has really got me interested again, got him about 10 days ago, only about 10cm now. Taking daily pics so I can see the growth.

Cup3.jpg

cup4.jpg

GrindeL89

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
St.Catharines
Red tail barracuda acestrorhynchus are awesome in a trio very active but I'm not sure if the wolf will play nice as I don't know much about them

Gunfleet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2019
Leporinus, silver dollars, maybe some shovelnose (S. lima) catfish, Platydoras cats, a few cool large growing plecos and school of smallish cheap tetras (movement and color) would be on my list of candidates depending on tank size.

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
Leporinus, silver dollars, maybe some shovelnose (S. lima) catfish, Platydoras cats, a few cool large growing plecos and school of smallish cheap tetras (movement and color) would be on my list of candidates depending on tank size.
Yes looking for a Plec species now, I ideally want one that lives in the same locations and river types, I am investigating that now. tank is 6'Lx2.5'Wx2'H

I had small tetra's with my Aimara and may give that a go when this one is much larger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store